TESFA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
SERVICE LEARNING PLAN
- PURPOSE: The purpose of this Plan is to provide organizational guidance and articulate expectations for service.
- DEFINITION: Service learning is a method of teaching and learning that combines classroom instruction with meaningful community service. This form of learning emphasizes critical thinking and personal reflection while encouraging a heightened sense of community, civic engagement, and personal responsibility.
III. STATEMENT OF EXPECTATIONS:
- The School organization will engage in meaningful student initiated service throughout the year as a result of our IB program.
- Each classroom will engage in a minimum of one service-learning project annually.
- Each faculty member and student will engage in and promote the value of ongoing service to others: within the school, the family, to friends and community.