Welcome to this Marvelous Monday Mathematicians!
I hope you had a restful and relaxing weekend and are ready to make this a productive week. I would like to remind everyone, as we continue with our state testing, to use our social skills of respecting others and cooperation and stay quiet in the halls. Show empathy and offer kind words of encouragement to your fellow students.
This week students in grades 3, 4, 5, and 6 will be taking the MCA Math test. Here are some tips that will help you to have a successful testing day:
• Eat a good breakfast
• Read and follow the directions carefully
• Take your time and be prepared to work for the entire test session
• Skip problems you are having trouble with, BUT make sure you mark them to go back when you have finished the other test items
• Read all the options and choose the “best answer,” don’t choose the first answer that seems reasonable – read all the choices to find the best answer
• Choose your answers carefully
• If you aren’t sure, guess wisely – eliminate as many answers as possible
• Use any remaining time to check your work and go back to any difficult items
I believe in you and hope you take your time to show us and the state of Minnesota what a great THINKER you have become!