Tesfa International School is pleased to announce that we have secured a building! We will be located in the Midway area of Saint Paul, MN at 1745 University Ave West.
The Midway area is centrally located between the Saint Paul and Minneapolis downtowns, served by high-frequency bus service and the newly opened Central Corridor Light Rail Green Line, and has easy access to I-94. The Green Line Light Rail (University Ave) runs through the Midway area and is gaining publicity for its potential to create a cultural corridor linking communities, highlighting local diversity, and boosting neighborhood economies. The line connects the following neighborhoods:
- Little Mekong, home to many Southeast Asian immigrants (Western Avenue Station)
- Rondo, St. Paul’s historic African-American hub (Victoria Street Station)
- Little Africa, a growing cluster of immigrant businesses (Snelling Avenue Station)
- Creative Enterprise Zone, the new name for a longstanding community of artists and artisans (Raymond Avenue and Westgate Stations)
- Prospect Park, a neighborhood bordering the University of Minnesota that hosts many student, faculty, and cultural institutions such as the Textile Center (Prospect Park Station)
- West Bank, another campus neighborhood known for its theater, live music, unique restaurants, and large Somali population (West Bank Station)
Tesfa International School is proud to be a new member of this culturally rich and diverse neighborhood. We are currently preparing for our opening in August so keep an eye on our website, Facebook and Twitter for details about upcoming fundraising events, office hours and building tours. Stay warm and stay curious everyone!